Get To Know Carolina Liar

April 16, 2009 by: Rodney

carolinaliarcdWhile eating my morning bowl of Lucky Charms on Monday I heard these words come out of the TV….”save me I’m lost, oh Lord I’ve been waiting for You. I’ll pay any cost save me from being confused.” I immediately felt the love of the Lord move through me in a whole new way. I want you to take the “soul test” as I call it now to see if new artist Carolina Liar and their song “Show Me What I’m Looking For” makes your heart skip a beat.

But, before you go take the test to this song you need to get to know a few things about lead singer Chad Wolf who is from South Carolina and his band mates who hail from Sweden. Chad knew that if he was going to make it in the music industry and for his songs to be heard, he would need to grab his guitar, board a plane and head to Los Angeles.

Once there, Chad had to make ends meet by holding down a string of odd jobs working as an extra on a Celine Dion video, cleaning toilets in exchange for studio time but eventually landed an internship with renowned songwriter Diane Warren. It was then that Chad honed his own writing chops while anxiously absorbing any and all advice that Diane had to offer.

The affable Chad eventually networked his way to a job at a small label, and through new relationships in the industry, found himself house-sitting for a friend of famed Swedish producer Max Martin. Chad’s date with his destiny had finally arrived. Fast forward to 2008. Carolina Liar’s debut album “Coming To Terms” is released to much acclaim and Carolina Liar’s fan base grows rapidly while the profile of the band rises.

Now, I can’t claim to know where Chad is in his walk with the Lord or if he even has one. But, I can tell you after you listen to “Show Me What I’m Looking For” you’ll give this song a high score and then jump over to Google to search his back ground. It doesn’t matter to me if an artist is a Christian or not in order for their song to touch my soul. Does it matter to you?

|  Filed under: Artist News  |  Tags:

Comments

9 Responses to “Get To Know Carolina Liar”
  1. pappilify says:

You are true about the fact that someone after listening to “Show Me What I’m Looking For” will give this song a high score and then jump over to Google to search his back ground…

I’ve never heard about this group before.. Infact i woke up this morning with a kind of emptiness within me. opened youtube and typing out .. ‘What is that I am looking for’. And this is where i ended up being! So definitely there is more to this song in relation to the present condition of my heart..

The next thing I wanted to know is whether the one who is singing has finally reached to the answer or not.. The quest of my soul and the way the song touched me, I really looked for an answer. I wanted to know more about Chad which would have given me more reason to listen to him again, a hope to be relating to myself through the songs.

I feel the drawing power of Jesus when I heard the song.. I guess I am getting to understand the voidness and the longingness within me.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful song….

2. Sonja says:

Personally, it does not matter to me whether or not Carolina Liar is a Christian band. Of course, I would love to believe that they were and that the song “Show me what I’m looking for” was written in the midst of a relationship with Christ, but that’s not what counts. The song obviously calls out to God– whether Chad is a Christian or not, he’s praying in that song. Regardless of their faith, the song can still be inspiration for Christians.

3. Ida says:

That is so true. We know that the Lord uses any method to bring someone to him, whether it is by a believer in Christ or a person who is not. What matters is God drawing us closer to him to get to know his Son Jesus and have a personal relationship with him. This song definitely touched me and I pray it will touch a lot of people that are in the midst of any problem or circumstance they may be facing.

4. Cate says:

I am sorry that you do not care if Carolina Liar is a Christian band. I care deeply. We are called to care about each person as their eternal souls are in jeopardy if they are unbelievers. I pray that they are a Christian band of fellow believers. This is a great song “Show me what I’m looking for” and for the life of me I can find no other meaning to the words other than a struggle with one’s faith.

5. lucy says:

From what i’ve read, Chad Wolf, was raise in a pentecostal home. I hope he still walks with the Lord and I also love the song “show me what I’m looking for”. I think we should be praying for artist like Chad, that they may continue their relationship with God.

6. Thank you for the fantastic piece of information. Gives a great insight. Thanks Gautam T Goudar, Irving, TX f

7. eft says:

Hey that you a great deal for your report, it was very and educational read! I’ll be back again later on for certain.

8. dee says:

Awsome band! Yes Chads roots are christian based, he planed at one time in his life to be a minister. Does he still walk with the lord? I believe he does. You need to listen to a single off the new disc being released in Seeptemder called “Salvation”. Truely music blessed by God.

9. of course like your web-site but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality on the other hand I will surely come back again.